Job Description Management Accountant
Job Title: Management Accountant
Reporting to: Financial Controller
Location: NETPark, Sedgefield, UK
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Preparation of monthly management accounts for five legal entities across the UK, USA and Sweden.
• Variance analysis of group performance against budget/forecast.
• Support year-end external audit and preparation of statutory accounts at both group and subsidiary level.
• Assist preparation of annual budgets and ongoing forecast data for senior management.
• Preparation of a group cash forecast on a weekly basis.
• Control financial reporting of government grant programs.
• Present financial information to non-financial stakeholders.
• Maintain group Capital Expenditure process and registers.
• Maintain inventory standard costs to ensure accurate reporting of product cost of goods sold.
• Preparation and submission of monthly sales financing reconciliations and supporting periodic audits from finance providers.
• Ongoing analysis to drive optimal use of business resources.
• Ensure day-to-day and long-term compliance with financial procedures and internal controls.
Skills, Attributes & Experience:
• Qualified Chartered Accountant (CIMA/ACA) – newly qualified.
• Flexible approach to support business needs; accommodating international time zones and financial reporting deadlines.
• Good communication skills to liaise with other departments and external stakeholders.
• Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office applications, including enhanced Excel knowledge.
• Ability to take ownership of tasks and objectives and be able to prioritise depending upon business needs.
• Organised with an attention to detail.
• Problem-solving approach.