We are proud to partner with the CIPD — the professional body for HR and people development. CIPD is the voice of a worldwide community of more than 150,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives. They have been setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisation development for more than 100 years, helping members build their professional expertise and organisations build their HR and leadership capability.
The CIPD has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Programme Manager to join the Social Impact and Innovation team on a 12-month contract basis. You will be Project Manager for a new Government-funded Parent Returner’s programme that will offer employability support to parent returners and work with employers to facilitate more flexible working opportunities for returners across Yorkshire and Humber.
In this role, you will work from home but will involve regular travel across Yorkshire and the Humber and occasional UK-wide travel for attendance at meetings and external events.
We recognise the experience and skills returners can bring and welcome applications from people with the relevant experience who have taken career breaks.
- Provide excellent programme management, overseeing the delivery for a high-profile government funded returner programme ensuring all targets are met, risks are mitigated, and outcomes are monitored and evaluated.
- Offer excellent communication skills to drive the programme forward including the ability to influence at a senior level and confidence in presenting
- Lead relationships with key national stakeholders (the funders and evaluation agency), regional delivery partners such as GPS Return, parent returners and colleagues whilst managing a cross-organisation working group.
- Work with CIPD’s Head of the North to ensure alignment with CIPD priorities in the region.
- Forecast and manage budget ensuring the programme is delivered to expectation.
- Lead the development of an effective marketing strategy, working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with stakeholders to develop a sustainability plan to support expansion post-funding period.
Knowledge, skills & experience –
- A self-starter with demonstrable experience of complex programme management, ability to solve problems and capable of working independently
- Ideally have experience of delivering a large funded project, ideally from the public sector
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken and has excellent stakeholder management experience with the ability to build rapport and establish immediate credibility at all levels
- Experienced in managing volunteering programmes. Experience of overseeing a marketing or promotional campaign is also a requirement
- High level of diplomacy and ability to manage challenging situations
- Excellent at developing good working relationships with external stakeholders and colleagues acting as a visible and credible ambassador to CIPD
- Highly organised and competent working with technology.
- Experience of delivering against external milestones in a timely manner
- Able to seek to understand how the programme fits into the CIPD’s wider purpose of championing better work and working lives
There has never been a more interesting or important time to the CIPD. We offer a friendly and stimulating culture and a wide range of professional development opportunities and benefits such as 28 days’ holiday and flexible working hours, and whilst this is a full-time role we will consider a job-share arrangement.
Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as soon as possible