An exciting development opportunity has arisen for a Management Accountant to join a growing finance team within one of Yorkshire's iconic brands. Our partner is a family-friendly organisation who pride themselves on their innovation, their people and how they give back to the communities they work with.
Based in Harrogate and reporting to the Group Financial Controller your responsibilities will include:
- providing financial support to the Central Services functions, enabling decision support and performance measurement.
- managing the accounting ledgers for the Central Services functions
- preparation of monthly management accounts, balance sheets and profit and loss reconciliations.
- review financial performance on a monthly basis with several cost centre managers, ensuring costs are in line with expectations and providing maximum value to the organisation.
- supporting the production of forecasts, budgets and long term financial plans for the Central Services functions.
- maintaining the Fixed Asset Register and associated Capital expenditure processes.
As the right candidate, you are a people person who can build relationships quickly, pay attention to the finest of details, are able to prioritise work effectively and you have a positive attitude, are pro-active, inquisitive and tenacious. You are currently studying a recognised accounting qualification such as CIMA or ACCA, or you are recently qualified, and it is essential that you have experience of budgeting, forecasting and preparing fixed asset transactions.
This is a 12-month Fixed-Term Contract and can be either 4 or 5 days per week. As such it is ideal for someone looking to return to work or for a role that offers more flexibility.